
A McAlester man is facing a new misdemeanor charge after authorities say he followed a man in violation of an active protective order.
Dalton Lee Andrews, 24, is charged in Pittsburg County District Court with protective order violation. This comes just months after a guilty plea on multiple felony charges on a separate case.
According to a probable cause affidavit, McAlester police were called May 13, 2026, to the area of Choctaw Avenue in reference to a disturbance involving multiple men.
Dispatchers told officers one man was allegedly chasing another man with a pole while a third individual in an electric wheelchair was also involved in the disturbance.
Investigators reported the alleged victim later provided officers with a copy of an active protective order against Andrews. Authorities say the victim and his wife were walking near Carl Albert Parkway when they saw Andrews across the street holding a large stick.
According to the affidavit, the victim told officers Andrews allegedly threatened him before following the couple around the block and down Choctaw Avenue while continuing to carry the stick.
Police reported the protective order had been served April 30 and remained valid through August.
Authorities later located Andrews and took him into custody.
Court records also show prosecutors have filed a motion to revoke Andrews’ suspended sentence in a separate felony case involving a conviction for domestic assault and battery by strangulation.
Records show Andrews entered guilty pleas Feb. 27, 2026, to domestic assault and battery by strangulation and interrupting an emergency phone call. He received suspended sentences of five years on the felony strangulation charge and one year on the misdemeanor charge, which were ordered to run concurrently.
Andrews is being held on a cumulative bond of $27,500

